Saturday, October 20, 2007

Last 2 weeks

I got back Thursday after being away for 2 weeks. It seemed like a long time to be away from home. The weekend of October 5-7 I exhibited in The Wheaton Arts Fine Crafts Show in Millville, NJ. It was a good show and many friends stopped by to see me. Most of them I had not seen since we moved in 2005. I also had a lot of my loyal customers from the NJ/PA area stop by and shop. I am thankful for their appreciation of my work. It was nice to be back in my old stomping grounds.

My dear friends, Bette and Jack helped me with set-up and take-down as my usual "roadie", Jeff, was not able to come. The weather was so humid and hot it was unbelievable! And this is October!? But at least it did not rain!!!!

This is a show that the buyers come out to spend!!!!!!!! Yea!!!!

Here are some pictures from the show.
























I stayed in NJ to visit with my Mom who lives in Ocean City. She is getting ready to move into a senior living facility and I stayed to help her with all the details of moving. It was a lot of cleaning out, sorting, and packing. We had a few adventures to the furniture store and the mall and Mario's Pizzaria Restaurant!

I had some time to visit my old haunts in my beloved Ocean City as this was the place where my family vacationed every summer. Check out the the beach and the fishing pier.









Yes those are people sitting on the beach in October!












Then there is Music Pier where all the concerts and events happen. Miss New Jersey receives her crown here!


And of course, no time on the boardwalk is complete without stopping for Johnson's popcorn! Actually I bought it for my husband who loves the caramel coated stuff!


And to remind me of the days I spent working in Ocean City before my freshman year in college there is The Chatterbox. Ah those were the days!!!!!












Yes, it's always been that color or at least some shade of pink! In the sixties it was a great hang out with music and college students spilling out onto the sidewalk. It was the "happening" place!!!! OK, I guess I just dated myself!!!!
As I drove home on Thursday it was fun to see the progression of the color change in the leaves. It really wasn't until I reached Rhode Island that the prettiest color was showing. As I headed toward Massachusetts I had the sense of coming home to a familiar place. Here is where my family and friends are now. It's good to be back home!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment