Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Mad River Valley Show


It was a great weekend. Sales were good, the weather was nice, and the camaraderie of artists was congenial, friendly, and fun. We even had a rooster to wake us up in the morning! (It's Vermont, remember!)

Since we were one of the first ones to set up our canopy, I was aware of the empty field and had thoughts of that empty field becoming alive with artists selling their wares and customers strolling down the aisles. This always creates excitement and anticipation. I thought about the "Circus" coming to town. It's like that, empty field all of a sudden becomes full of tents, artists, buyers, food, music, and excitement. It doesn't hurt that the setting is in a valley surrounded by the Green Mountains! When the show is over within a few hours the area becomes an empty field again. It would make a great time sequence video. Any of you video artists want to take that one on?













Hope you had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend and are refreshed and ready to enjoy the fall. I am gearing up for a series of shows this fall. Check them out on my website, http://www.judyconnorjones.com/ . Hope to see you at one of them. Let me know that you read my blog. I like to know who my "groupies" are!






1 comment:

  1. So good to hear the show went well. I was thinking of you all weekend. I am still hoping to get to Lancaster Friday night for the opening. I will call soon so we can "catch up."

    Always,

    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete