Wednesday, July 01, 2009

A Green Project

My weaving guild has had a year long project for each member to design a project involving something Eco-green. The items are to be displayed at the New England Weaver's Seminar which meets every other year. Each member guild is responsible for a display representing a study or emphasis they have had throughout the year. It's a worthy challenge but like all things it always takes me to the deadline to come up with an idea!

As I was thinking about this I kept coming back to my stash of small woven pieces of fabric which are left after cutting the garments that I make. I also have a huge stash of buttons and vintage costume jewelry. After being inspired by a necklace in "Marie Claire" magazine I designed a necklace using these elements. Hope you like it!






What do you think? Should I make more? I have loads of interesting items in my stash, not to mention lots of fabric scraps!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I think you should do more. I was up in the studios tinkering this morning - nothing like a little art to make the heart sing. I'm looking forward to seeing you in August.

    Always,
    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these.. get crazy with the angles.

    ReplyDelete