Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Goodbye/Hello

I said goodbye to an old friend last Friday!  We traded in the Ford Windstar for a brand new Honda Odyssey.  The Windstar was the best car/mini van I have ever driven.  I loved that car.  It was perfect for carrying my booth and other items to shows. (It had the largest cubic capacity of all the mini vans at the time we bought it). I am short and I could actually see above most things on the road! (I'm one of those people when you are behind them, you wonder if anyone is driving the car!!!) The Windstar was well broken in!  Perhaps too broken in as, after 10 years and over 100,000 miles, it started  to have some costly problems, but not until then.  So this fall when I am out on the road going to shows I will have more confidence that the car will not fail. So it's Hello to the Odyssey!

My husband and I will have to figure out a new packing plan.  It looks like the new car has more flexible packing space and loads of options.  We just need to figure out what is best.

The first test will be my show over Labor Day weekend in Waitsfield, Mad River Valley, VT.  Come visit me and see how it all worked! http://www.madrivercraftfair.com/


Speaking of shows, I never mentioned how the Chase Center on the Riverfront Show went.  Sales were slow, probably a reflection of the economy as many artists said the same thing.  The Chase Center is beautiful and the show was full of wonderful craft artists and their work.  I had fun seeing friends and perusing the interesting and exciting work that was exhibited. We also got to stay in a fabulous hotel at a discount rate for exhibitors, The Hotel DuPont in Wilmington. 

Here are a few pictures of setting up the booth in the Chase Center.  





Ready to Go!

2 comments:

  1. I was so happy to see you!! Hopefully next time it WON'T be in a couple of years! It was a great show and your stuff was beautiful as always. Hopefully the economy will pick up soon! We are all praying for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete