Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Weaver's Picnic


Diligently weaving paper hearts at the CCW picnic!

So what do weaver's do on a picnic?  Enjoy delicious food, show and pass around our latest creations, and talk warp and weft! Today was my weaving guild's annual picnic. It's the last meeting until September when our new year of programing begins.  We met in one of our members home and sat on her lovely deck in her back yard.  it was a beautiful day and believe me, here in New England it couldn't have been more welcome!

It's always fun at this picnic to connect and see what wonderful creations people have made or are working on. We do a show and tell and pass the items around for all to see. It's fun to hear about others plans for the summer, and it is wonderful to share good food.  Did you know that weaver's are generally good cooks also?

Today, our host had a fun little project for us to do - weave a paper heart!  Now this might look like it would be an elementary process for a group of weaver's but it was interesting to see how challenged some of us were over a simple project.  We laughed, we joked, we felt silly, but all did complete their woven hearts. The hearts made a lovely little basket to put candy or "what nots" in.  So we all took home a picnic favor, joyful hearts, and warm memories of another year of weaving camaraderie.


I look forward to this group.  I am always inspired by the sharing that goes on. I'll look forward to seeing everyone again in September.  I'm sure there will many summer projects to see when we start again in the fall and I can't wait to see what other's have done.

What groups do you participate in that give meaning or inspiration to your work or living?  I encourage you to write about them in the comment section and share how important they are in your life.  Take a few moments to be grateful for their influence on  you.  Better yet let them know how important they are to you.

I know if I couldn't go to the Cranberry Country Weavers' meetings anymore, I would feel like something very important in my life was missing.  Besides they understand my language!!!!!

Visit http://www.cranberrycountryweavers.com/#anchor_10551 for more information and pictures about this group.

No comments:

Post a Comment