Saturday, July 16, 2011

Artistic Inspiration

I have been traveling throughout Sweden and Denmark and will be on the road to Scotland tomorrow.  This will be a short post but wanted to say that my mind is filled with inspiration and so many impressions.  Due to limited internet access I have not been able to upload pictures.  When I get back I will share some of those pictures with you.  We have seen many wonderful things including great artwork.  We have visited many wonderful places including Skagen, Denmark where the famous Skagan artists painted on the beach. We walked that beach and I can see why they loved painting there.  The light is fabulous.  We visited my favorite Swedish artist's, Carl Larson, home.  Who knew his wife Karin was also a wonderful painter, fiber artist, and furniture designer!  Her fiber art was way before her time - very contemporary in design - and is throughout their home.  So my journey will continue.  There is much more to see!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful trip, Judy! I can't wait to see the pictures.

    Always,
    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete