Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weaving Silence

To my faithful blog followers I apologize for being silent for so long.  It's been a rough summer except for a brief time away to Sweden and Scotland.  You see my mom had a heart attack in May and never really recovered from that experience.  She died on August 23, the day of the earthquake on the East Coast and then her memorial service had to be delayed because of Huricane Irene.  Family and friends attended the memorial service on September 1 and then family traveled out to Indianapolis on September 13 to entomb her next to my father. My summer consisted of traveling back and forth to NJ where she lived to visit her and to oversee the care she was receiving.  Since she needed additional care, I also had to move her in and out of apartments in the care facility which had been her home for the last 3 1/2 years.

I am trying to get back to business as usual but some days are good and some days are bad.  I haven't been able to write on the blog but hope that in the next few weeks it will get easier to talk about my work and what I am doing.  Please dear blogger stay connected.  I will be back.

For those of you who looked for me at the Mad River Valley Show, I am sorry if you were disappointed to discover that I was not there but I had to cancel at the last minute.  If you had a specific item you wanted to purchase from me, please let me know.  I can always send you pictures and send you the item you would like. 

Meanwhile I am trying very hard to get ready for my show at Wheaton Arts, October 1 & 2 in Millville, NJ.  I'm sure it will be a difficult drive back to NJ as I always visited my mom when I did this show.  I will be with friends and that will be comforting. 

You can always get in touch with me by writing a comment on this blog or visiting my website, http://www.judyconnorjones.com/ and sending me an email.  I am also on Facebook.  The link to my FB page is on the right side of this blog.

Thanks for being a loyal follower.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Friend,

    You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I know this has been an extremely difficult time for you. I hope to be able to come see you at Wheaton Village. I hope getting back to the loom will bring you some peace and time to process all that you are experiencing.

    Always,
    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sunshine. I'm hoping today I can do some weaving. Would love to see you.

    ReplyDelete