Friday, April 27, 2012

Pastel Ruffled Scarves

Pastel scarves are done! I've completed the third group of scarves using the "Ruffle" technique or in weaver terms, differential shrinkage.  That is when you use two yarns that have different shrinkage capabilities like wool and tencel, which is what these scarves are made out of.  I also added some silk to the mix here which also does not shrink. The wool shrinks as in "oh no, I washed my wool sweater and it shrank"! But when you do it on purpose, add a non-shrinking yarn, you get a great effect.

I used a different type of wool yarn in these scarves and they did not shrink up as much as the blue/green scarves.  They have a softer look as in the first scarves I did (the pinkish/brown ones).  So here are the pictures. Do you have a favorite?

Lavender
Lavender Detail
Orchid
Orchid Detail

Coral Detail
Coral 


Baby Blue Detail

Baby Blue

You can see all these scarves at my Trunk Show/Open House at my Plymouth Studio on Saturday, May 5 from 10am - 5pm.  I'm working on another series of ruffled scarf. I'm calling it a "Scarflace". Hmmmmmm - what could that be?  

Till next time ------ enjoy the bouquet of scarves!










No comments:

Post a Comment