Wednesday, March 28, 2007

"Beam me up Scotty"!






It feels good to be back to work! I had to remember how to "dress a loom". That's weaving language for putting the warp (yarn) on the back beam. It has been a long time. I was able to "beam" a 10 yard warp on my Louet loom yesterday. I thought I would share some of that process with you.


































Today I threaded the yarn through the heddles. The next step is to "sley the reed"! Where did this terminology come from?! After that I will tie the warp onto the front apron bar, attach the shafts to the treadles and hopefully be ready to weave.




The pressure is on to get ready for the show I am doing in Greenwich, CT at the Bruce Museum on May 19 & 20. I have to weave enough inventory to have a good presentation in my booth display. I also want to make some money!!! That also has been a long time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment