Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Creative Juices

Well the creative juices have started to flow again! I've been inspired by looking at my extra woven fabrics and my stash of beads, trims, buttons, etc. I've been working with creating one of a kind shrugs as I pictured in my last entry. This is allowing me to use up some fabric and get it out of it's box and into a design.

Here's my latest creation:



In looking through my stash, I rediscovered a beautiful woven trim that was made in Japan. I've used it once before on a purse but have just treasured it's beauty. I decided to hand crochet chain stitch it and add it as the trim on the shrug. I think it gives it an elegant look.



I added beads and designer buttons:


















and Voila, a finished product!






















I recently was invited to be one of the Signature Gallery Artists at the new Russell Gallery in Plymouth, MA. The opening for the Gallery is this Friday night. Sometimes it takes the pressure of getting ready for a show or exhibit that gets me going. I tend to be a deadline artist! That can be good when you are under the pressure to produce work but when the dry times come and there are no shows or exhibits it can be a curse! That's when I need to look at all the wonderful materials around me and hear their cry to be put to use.

If you live in Plymouth or near by stop by the Russell Gallery in the Old Russell Library at 11 North Street and join me Friday night at the opening from 6 - 9 pm. I have 2 handwoven pieces in the exhibit, a tencel scarf and a tencel shawl.


I hope the creative juices flow in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment