Monday, January 19, 2009

Snowy Day

Today was a beautiful day! The snow that fell last night was a heavy snow which hangs on the trees. As I was driving around doing errands today I was surrounded by a winter wonderland, the kind you see in Christmas Cards or on movie sets. The sky was a soft blue/pink grey and the white on the trees was a bright clean white. It was spectacular. Of course along with that kind of snow comes power outages! We have dealt with them on and off all day. You know the kind, you just get the clocks all set and then the power goes out and you have to start all over again! What fun! It is amazing how many appliances have to be reset!

When we lived in Rochester, NY, it snowed just about every day and I discovered that having white surround your environment influenced choices of color that you wore. I sold more white mohair scarves there then any place else! White with pastel blue and white with pastel pink were very popular. When we moved to the southern part of NJ where snow doesn't happen so often, I could not sell one white scarf! Interesting, huh?

I'm heading into a period of designing and producing new items. This will involve not only new designs in garments, I hope, but also new color choices and yarn. I haven't figured out whether that white/pastel combination works here or not. Do you think mohair will come back in style? I have a lot of it! I just might give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment