Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Surprise on Earth Day!

Today is Earth Day and what better day to discover that a bird has made its home in the Christmas wreath that is still hanging on my door! It's been a long cold wet winter in New England and along with my procrastination the wreath still hangs on the door! Today was warmer and I was going to take the wreath off the door when I discovered that a little finch had made a nest nestled in the wreath. This had become its home and it had laid 5 eggs in the basket. So how could I take the wreath down? I guess it will have to stay up a little longer until the little birds fly away! This could get interesting! Fortunately we do not use that door. Occasionally someone comes and rings the door bell for that door but usually its pretty untouched and quiet.

Here are a few pictures:

























I'll post pictures as things progress.












No comments:

Post a Comment