Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Wedding

I just got back 2 days ago from Florida where my son was married. What a beautiful wedding! My husband and I had a great time meeting our new in-laws, entertaining the wedding party and guests at the rehearsal dinner and of course at the wedding and reception. We danced the night away. It was a great celebration!!!!!!
The wedding was held in beautiful Siesta Key Chapel. Our family has many connections with this church as it was the place where my husband's parents became members after moving to Florida. Their remains are buried in the cremation garden at the chapel. Their spirit was very present and I'm sure they were looking on.


I also, several years ago, was commissioned to weave the alter cloth for the chapel. It is a simple white linen and cotton fabric woven in a bird's eye twill. The pattern repeats the window and cross at the front of the chapel.





















Ben and Erin have since joined that church, so the family connection will continue.









Dancing with my husband, Jeff.























Dancing with my son, Chris, the best man.











Dancing with my son, Ben, the groom.









Yes I had tears in my eyes but not for long as it was so obvious that these two were so much in love. They were both beaming through the ceremony! They experienced some hard times when Ben's fiance had a very bad car accident. She miraculously did not suffer serious injury but did need surgery on her knee ligaments which required a long recovery period and a lot of help. It was a true test of their caring and patience with each other. When the minister said the words, through sickness and health, she commented on their journey through the rough times and their love through it all.
We feel so blessed to have added a daughter to our family. She is a beautiful smart young woman and I am happy to finally have a girl to talk to!!!!!!!!!

So, here's to you Erin and Ben. And "may your days be good and long upon the earth!” (quote from a Navajo wedding blessing)

Mr and Mrs Benjamin William Jones






2 comments:

  1. Judy, how wonderful!! You looked georgeous! I wish your son and his new wife all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete