Sunday, May 17, 2009

Getting Ready to Fly

The baby birds are getting ready to fly the nest! Two of the birds flew away when I opened the door. Here are the other two waiting for their turn.







This morning when I gingerly opened the front door a crack, I was able to get a picture of one of the birds getting ready to fly. I took the picture quickly so as not to scare it away.



I don't know if they come back to the nest or they are gone for good. I also have not seen the 5th bird.
It has been interesting and fun to keep track of this one family's progress.
It reminds me of how my own family has grown, from birth of my 2 sons, the growing up years and all the nurturing, and the leaving the nest to build their own lives.
My youngest son is getting married the end of this month. We are so excited to be expanding our family. I know I will be tearful at the service as I think about all the joys, love, heartaches, laughter, and new adventures my son and new daughter-in- law have in store for them. The cycle does go on! It's a GOOD thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment