Friday, October 09, 2009

Show mania!

This time of year is always stressful as most of my shows happen now. This year I've taken on a very agressive show schedule. I have a show every 2 weeks from now until the first weekend in December. I have never done that many shows before. I usually only do one a month from September to December. So am I crazy or what!!!!? Trying to keep up with inventory is a real challenge. In one month's time I sold 33 items. It takes me a whole lot longer than one month to replace 33 items! Weaving is not a fast craft! Anyway, I am so happy that show sales have been up but I only wish now that there were more hours in the day or I didn't need so much sleep.

So, if I don't write on the blog very much it's because I'm glued to my loom or sewing machine or have fallen asleep at them, one or the other!

My show at Wheaton Arts in NJ last weekend was very good. I love doing that show. I get to sell my work in a great place (Wheaton is a working glass blowing village) and I get to visit with artist friends and family. The only thing I don't like is the long drive down and back. My husband does not go with me as he has to work but I am very grateful for friends who help me set up and break down and provide my night's shelter and food. Their cat, Tripper, seems to look after me too! He's more like a dog than a cat!

I am so happy to see that show sales are picking up again. I had one of my better years at Wheaton this year. However that presents a dilemma as this week I needed to send items to the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen's Homemade Holiday Show in Lancaster, PA. I also have a show next weekend in Woodstock, CT. I am frantically trying to replace those 33 items and have more to send off to PA!

Check out my show scehedule on my website, http://www.judyconnorjones.com/. You'll see why I am working night and day in the studio.

Till I can write again.................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment