Friday, December 03, 2010

Annual Holiday Studio Open House

                                          
My last show of the year is always in my studio.  The looms are pushed back, the fiber dust bunnies are gone (or at least most of them), and I arrange the studio to look like a shop.  You can see all my equipment (looms, warping boards, shuttles, sewing machines, etc) and the many types and colors of yarns that I use.  It's a chance for you to see where and how I work with the added bonus of holiday shopping in a relaxed atmosphere and purchasing that special gift for someone on your Christmas list.


I also serve a wonderful Wassail punch along with some of my Christmas cookie favorites! Wassail for those of you who are now saying, "What is that!", is an Ancient English custom where the master of the English household (sorry for the not so politically correct gender reference) drank to the health of those present with spiced ale.  The phrase Wass Hael or Be Well was repeated as each drank a cup from the bowl of Wassail.

If you are near Plymouth, stop by the studio on Saturday, drink a cup of Wassail, do some Holiday shopping, and sign up to win the door prize.  I haven't decided yet what it will be but I'm leaning towards one of my $85 chenille scarves. 


Time to go make the cookies!
Wassail!!!!


                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment