Saturday, January 22, 2011

Triangular Loom

I pulled out the triangular loom that I have and set it up this week.  I decided that part of my exploring, playing, and rediscovering would be to develop ideas that I have had brewing for a while.  I had bought on sale, about 2 years ago, a number of balls of yarn that I thought would look great woven into a shawl.  My intention was to weave with them on the triangular loom.  The yarn is a very lacy looking yarn made out of linen binder threads and a beautiful cotton variegated yarn in pastel green, mauve, and gold.  The cotton yarn is actually woven through the linen threads in a snake like fashion.  Along with this yarn I went to my stash and found some rayon ribbon ("Glace" for those weavers reading this) in colors that would work with this yarn palette. So here are some pictures of the yarn and the weaving process.  With a triangular loom you are weaving the warp and weft at the same time.
Yarns are chosen

Beginning planning chart - 1/2 the design


Weaving in progress

The sheet is just there to let you see the weaving as it is a very open structure.


Close up


1 comment:

  1. I love that you are guided by and celebrate the yarns in these shawls!

    Always,

    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete