Friday, March 18, 2011

"Celebration of Fibers"

Today is the opening of the Philadelphia Guild of Handweavers' annual member's exhibit.  I have 2 pieces in this show, a shawl made from the triangular loom and one of my hand dyed warp painted "Loop" Scarves. The show is held in the PGHW Guild House in Manayunk, a section of Philadelphia, PA.

I have been a member of this guild ever since I started weaving.  My weaving teacher was President of the Guild at that time and she encouraged me to join.  That was  in 1982!  I can't believe it's been that long ago!  My son was just 2 years old. He will be 31 in July! I have been and am a member of many different weaving guilds as I have lived many different places since that time.  But I consider the Philadelphia Guild of Handweavers my home guild.  All my early mentors were and are in the guild.  Some are no longer with us and others are my best weaving and personal friends.  I learned so much from the weavers there.  So I celebrate the opening of their annual show:

Celebration of Fibers
March 18 -20 and 23-26, 2011
Opening Reception: Friday, March 18, 6:30pm - 8:30pm  

If you are in the Philadelphia, PA area check it out!  Add a comment and let me know what you think.





















You can also become a follower of this blog by clicking on the Followers icon.  I also now have the link to share this on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment