Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Weekend Inspiration

I am getting ready to go to the NEWS conference. NEWS is the New England Weavers' Seminar. It is held every other year and is put on by the weaving guilds in the New England area. It will be 4 days of workshops, lectures, exhibits, networking, meeting other weavers, spinners, and dyers, and of course the "shop till you drop" vendor hall! Yahooo00000!

I look forward to these events because it is always a wonderful source of inspiration to me to see what others are doing and to be a part of the great exchange of information that takes place. I am always amazed at the number of weavers, spinners, and dyers that are out there and we all converge for this long weekend. It is also a time to connect with friends I've met over the years and do not often see. We get caught up on each other's lives and what we are weaving now.

Discussions of warp and weft, loom brands, number of shafts, drafts, ends per inch will go on all weekend. It's like a secret coded language will be spoken! And I love every minute of it!!!

Hopefully I will have pictures to post when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment