Monday, September 03, 2007

Beginning a New Season





I can't believe it's September! Fall was certainly in the air this weekend as I did a show at Mad River Valley in VT. Even though it is early for fall foliage season, there was definitely a chill in the air. It was so refreshing. The scenery was beautiful with tents set up in the valley, music playing, and people enjoying themselves during the last vestiges of summer.









The show was fun to do. I met lots of wonderful people and even had some good sales. Yea!!! Many of my customers came from PA and NJ. They too were enjoying the last care free weekend of the summer or is it the beginning of a beautiful season full of promise and newness?




The show was a fund raiser for the Valley Players, a small theater group in Waitsfield, VT. We stayed at the home of the Play Director and the view from the third floor bedroom was to die for! Thank you so much for your hospitality, Alex and Bill. Thanks also to Laura, the Craft Show Manager, who found lodging for us and also provided a lovely dinner Saturday night. Bob, your cooking was excellent!


My booth was next to a potter from Canada, Deirdre Wilson. Her pottery was thrown so thin that it looked like porcelain. Of course that was a disaster as, you guessed it, we came home with 2 lovely pottery pieces!!!! (A mug for my new studio and a beautiful serving bowl for our dining pleasure!)



My husband Jeff was my wonderful "Roadie" for the show. Here he is helping to get the tent secure.

















Hope you all have had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend and are looking forward to all the new possibilities the fall season has to offer. Maybe I'll see you at my next show. Check my website, http://www.judyconnorjones.com/ for locations and details.

No comments:

Post a Comment