Wednesday, June 06, 2007

My Home Town

I had the great experience today of going on a whale watch. Boats go out from Plymouth Harbor spring, summer, and fall. My son is visiting and we decided to go whale watching before too many tourists hit town. We didn't realize that this would be prime time for school field trips!!!!! We must have had about 100 elementary age students on board. They were pretty good until they became sea sick! One by one they went to the deck below to try to get a smoother ride. That left a clear upper deck for us to view the whales! A blessing in disguise?!

We were fortunate enough to see 6 humpback whales and 2 fintail whales. They truly are majestic! One of God's marvelous creations. And to think they are in our home town waters just off Cape Cod Bay. Wow! It makes me remember that we are caretakers of this earth and we must make sure that these magnificent creatures are protected and survive.
I attempted to take pictures but was only able to capture a small portion of the whales as they came up or down in the water. It's hard to spot, snap, and capture! Anyway here is my humble attempt. See if you can spot the whales. One picture has 2 whales which were swimming in tandem.







Here is my Home Town and America's Home Town.
The portico you see to the left is over Plymouth Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment