Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Snow!

OK, we had a real snowfall yesterday and last night! It's still flurrying and another storm is on the way.



I finished my last weaving order for this year and spent yesterday and today baking Christmas cookies. I love to bake when the snow falls, so the timing was perfect. Of course when I heard it was going to snow on Friday, I made sure I had all my cookie baking supplies on hand and ready.

We all have our favorite Christmas confections. My family has a love of homemade Chocolate Covered Cherries which I have made almost every year since I learned to make them from my cooperating teacher, Mrs. Lyday, when I student taught. I won't tell you how long ago that was but it has been a tradition ever since. Usually I am making them on Christmas Eve Day but this year I am ahead of the game! Yea! My family from Florida arrives on Tuesday and I am aiming to have everything ready so I can enjoy them and the few days we have together.

I also want time to reflect on the season and all the people for whom Christmas brings on added stresses and burdens. Several of my friends are job hunting and having a tough time of it. Jobs are few and far between. There are so many applicants for the same jobs that it gets discouraging.

If you know of any jobs that can help my friends, please let me know and I will pass the info onto them. They live in Plymouth, MA. One is looking for full time administrative secretarial work. She has accounting and computer skills and a good sense of humor. She would love to work with non-profits but needs to be paid. She already does a lot of volunteer work now.

The other friend is looking for something in the human services area. She is struggling to make house payments and would like any hours that would give her an income. She has experience volunteering with social service agencies working as a mediator. She is a person with a lot of initiative and is very resourceful. Both of these women have helped me in my business on various occasions.


No matter what your circumstances this Holiday Season, I wish you Joy, Peace, and Love. May you see the blessings around you and may your heart be filled with graditude and Love.



No comments:

Post a Comment