Sunday, December 07, 2008

First Snowfall

It snowed today! This was the first snowfall of the season. As I was driving down the road I was looking at the pure white beauty of the snow on the tree branches. What an awesome sight!

I love seeing the snow fall for the first time. It always makes it feel more like Christmas, at least when you live in the North East! I remember when we lived in Rochester, NY. We would go to church on Christmas Eve and you could almost always guarantee that by the time you came out of church it would be snowing! I miss that guarantee for even though we live in Massachusetts, when you live near the coast it does not necessarily mean it will snow. So today was special. It was a Christmas snowfall, just enough for a blanket of snow but not so much that you cannot get around. "The new fallen snow", remember that phase from The Night Before Christmas? How does one relate to that in Florida?
My son lives in Florida but he comes North for Christmas. I can't help but think he likes to get his snow fix that one time of year. Here's hoping we have a White Christmas.




No comments:

Post a Comment