Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Another Wedding!


We will be celebrating another wedding this weekend! Our oldest son is getting married. The weaving is put on hold for a few days as final preparations are made. As with all special family occasions you can't help but reflect. I think of that baby I held and comforted many times. I think of that little boy I use to read to during our special time at the Library. I think of that young child who loved to play in the snow and I think of that older child who won a blue ribbon for his first place chocolate chip cookies. (I wonder if his fiancee knows that!) I think of that preteen who played Wiffle Ball in our back yard with what I call "The Field of Dreams Team". (Most of them are coming to the wedding!) I think of that teenager who experienced growing pains. I also think of that young man who went to Bates, traveled and lived in China, matured, and learned to be a world traveler who appreciates the lifestyles of those different from his.
Now he is on a new journey, one of being a husband, soul mate, and loving partner to a beautiful young woman who has her own story to tell. They will begin a new life together. We once again will expand our family. I can't wait to celebrate!
Best wishes to Chris and SooAe!

No comments:

Post a Comment