Monday, July 26, 2010

Wedding

The wedding was beautiful. It was outdoors in Newport , RI at Castle Hill Inn. The weather was hot and humid (bad hair weekend!) but a beautiful day. The wedding took place overlooking Narragansett Bay and couldn't have been prettier. The bride and groom were surrounded by friends and family and the ceremony was officiated by our friend, the Rev. Professor Peter Gomes. Peter is also a Bates College alum as are Chris and SooAe. The traditional "Batesy" photo was taken with all the bates alums who were there. My guess is there were about 25 of them!


Jeff and me


We had a great time visiting with friends from PA and NJ. My son's friends from High School were there, about 8 of them. It was fun to see them as young men, all grown up and yet still at moments acting like those HS boys I remember so well! I remember the "field of dreams" team playing Wiffle Ball in our back yard and the after Thanksgiving football game which is a tradition they still continue to do! (They have more aches and pains now!)



The memories were sweet and the new journey begins for Chris and SooAe. They looked so happy. My son just beamed! I love to see that and wish only the best for them in the coming years.






















Mr and Mrs Christopher Matthew Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment