Saturday, February 05, 2011

Beads, Beads, Beads!

Our local bead shop closed this week.  As a result, I couldn't resist the deep discounts and now own more beads than I thought I would ever have or need!  Beads are candy for the eye and my "bead" tooth was salivating! So now that I have all these beads the next step is to use them, not just look at them!  This is the bigger challenge.

I'm on my way though.  I just finished another triangular shawl and guess what?  It has beads in it!  There are 300 beads woven into and attached to the fringe.


It was a bit of a challenge weaving with the beads and then placing them but it worked.  Here's the third shawl in my triangular loom series.


Now on to the next shawl.  What will I experiment with next?  I've already begun to design.  Here are the yarns I will be using. Stay tuned!

The fibers are wool/silk blend, rayon boucle, and rayon ribbon

4 comments:

  1. I posted on an earlier post by mistake about these shawls. I absolutely love them! I think this is a wonderful path to follow.

    Always,

    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been fun trying to do different things with these shawls. The equipment is not complicated and the weaving is one of the most simple processes technically as you know. The challenge becomes pushing the loom to the utmost of possibilites. These are not a production item but they certainly are "one of a kind". Glad you like them. Wait till you see what I'm doing with the next one! Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:45 PM

    Can you give a bit of explaination as to how you do this? I am trying to figure out how to do this so I can make a wedding shawl for my future DIL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anonymous,

    I will be happy to help you. I am out of the country right now. Internet access is limited. I can give you further details when I return home in a week. do you have specific questions. Is it the application of the beads or the triangular shape? If you send me your e-mail address I can be more specific with instructions than I can on a blog comment. Or e-mail me at judycjones@comcast.net.

    ReplyDelete