Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Day 41 & 42

Things have slowed up on the construction front. The painter has been here to paint the exterior trim. Today was very hot so it couldn't have been much fun.

The electrician was here to discuss the lighting proposal. He is supposed to come tomorrow to rough in the electrical work. Tomorrow is going to be hotter than today. I'm not sure how much work he will be able to do. Even the ocean breeze is hot!!

Soooooooooooooooo, in light of the fact that I have no interesting pictures of the construction, I thought I would entertain you with pictures of my latest work.


These are scarves made out of Tencel. Tencel has the feel and drape of silk but the care of cotton or rayon. These scarves are very different from my chenille scarf line. For those of you who are weavers on the blog, the pattern is an 8S point twill variation. I finally figured out how to use Fiber Works PCW!!!!!! I'm not hooked on pattern weaves but I do plan on designing more.














The fringe has been twisted tightly.






All pictures where taken in the studio construction site. It seemed like the perfect place to photograph them.

Close up picture of the pattern.




No comments:

Post a Comment